Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Day #15 - FINISHED Wrestling DVD and joined Blogging Pillow Party!

Good morning, everyone!

PHEW!  I finished the DVD for hubby's wrestling team and got 1/2 of them copied.  Just in time, too, as the banquet is tomorrow night!  Shauna helped me tidy it up at the end ~ sometimes you look at things too long and miss things you need to tweek, so that was good.

My big wicked fun creative piece came out of discovering the Bloggers Pillow Party idea yesterday!  I joined a group of over 575 creative bloggers who promise to blog about the process, as well as the product, which is right up the alley of what I've been doing these 15 days!  It's the Process Pledge.  You can check it out by following that link or the button down on the right-hand side of this page!

 So, I created a pillow just because of it and here it is, process and all!  Enjoy!

Step #1 - Select colors and cut into 4" squares.

Step #2 - Get the embroidery machine humming!

Step #3 - Check twice, sew once...when you don't... OOPSIE!! 
 (a new sign I made and keep for my Oopsies!!)

Step #4 - Arrange, rearrange, arrange the blocks again!

Step #5 - Sew blocks together...stab yourself multiple times with pins... check!

Step #6 - Trim it up.

Step #7 - Decisions, decisions... what should be back it with?

TADA!!!  I LOVE IT!!!


The step missing is the one where I tried to make piping with a piece of clothesline ~ great idea, but I didn't have a foot for my machine that would allow me to get close enough!  We'll try that another time.  Did the same color fabric, but as a trim, between the layers!

So off to list this in the pillow party, baby!  What do you think?

Oh, and watch for a drawing for the adorable little pin cushion I crafted up from pieces!  Hee hee! 

Enjoy the day,
Carrie

2 comments:

  1. In my excitement, I forgot to mention where the design came from ~ Embroidery Library's gorgeous antique botanical set!! http://www.emblibrary.com/EL/Products.aspx?Catalog=Emblibrary&ProductID=X7610

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you had a good time making it. Yeah for sewing!

    ReplyDelete