Saturday, March 19, 2011

Day #12 - A day of planning & gathering

Good morning and HAPPY Saturday, everyone!

The sun isn't out yet and it's only about 50 degrees or so, but it feels GREAT!

So yesterday was a day of planning, plotting and gathering materials to work with this weekend.  Having to work till 4 pm and then birthday party at my sister's in the evening made for a short day of things I could get done.

Yesterday I mentioned doing an online class about organizing my sewing space.  Read through the whole thing and am going to see what I can do with the ideas today.  If I make any progress, I'll post about it after the weekend. 

Had time to create a new Etsy treasury on Made in New Hampshire. This one is for children (or the young at heart!)  Here are three of my favorites from it!





I've been doing some projects that require printing photos from the computer on fabric.  It's way fun and makes some very unique creations.  The issue is that over time, it gets a bit expensive to buy the product from JoAnn's (use my coupon each time...).  So I found a blog (by Rebecca from Oklahoma) that gives directions to make your own!  You need washing soda, alum, fabric softener and fabric (we all know I have PLENTY of fabric!)  The trick was to find the washing soda!  I went to Edmunds ("If we don't carry it, you don't need it!") and they were able to get me some!  I also remember reading on another site something about ironing the treated fabric onto freezer paper, got some of that, too. So, this weekend, I'll be giving THAT project a try and will let you know how it comes out.

Sewing-wise, I'm making another dress for my best-buds daughter's birthday this week.  Should be fun!  Blue fabric with white polka-dots!  Ah...to pick a pattern...

But this time the sun has come out here (this entry took a bit of time this morning...) and it's time to get some housework done so I can PLAY!

Hope everyone's day is GREAT!

Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment