Thursday, April 14, 2011

Day #37 - Reuse/Recycle/Repurpose Challenge, Part 4

Good morning!
Believe it or not, I STILL have some pieces left to work with!! 



For starters, I did a bit of re-construction on the needle holder and I like it much better.  I trimmed off about 3/8" one end and sewed a piece of black over it.  Snipped off the ribbon on the other end and added a snap to close it.  Much easier to use, much tidier!

Then, I had a strip that still had the fringe, so... some of that gorgeous coordinating fabric and viola ~ a bookmark!  A girl can never have too many of those!



The last large piece became a glasses case!  It maybe too late to save the pair that float around in my purse, but I can PRETEND that it's a great idea ~ you know, no further scratches?  I trimmed up the last large piece of the scarf, backed it with iron on interfacing and found a coordinating fabric (the gorgeous blue is gone, sigh...).   I sewed a binding piece along the whole top edge and then stitched it on the machine.  The, I took a second piece of binding, sewed it on (right sides together), creating a corner at the bottom, and then handstitched it when that was done.  I am doing more and more handstitching...scary!  Lol!


Tomorrow will end this repurposing challenge and I am down to scraps! Bet you wonder what I've got up my sleeve? Muahaha!



Hmmm...the pieces are getting pretty small....

If you haven't entered in this week's drawing for the Patchwork book, threads and fabrics, stop on by to see the giveaway!

I hope everyone has a marvelous day!
Quilty hugs,
Carrie


No comments:

Post a Comment