Monday, April 4, 2011

Day #28 - Pin Cushion Power!

Good morning, everyone!

Hope your day is a wonderful one!  The sky this morning was an amazing shade of red/pink/orange ~ did you see it?  Not good news for the weather for the next wee bit, but 'twas gorgeous to see.

So while I was driving 3 1/2 hours home from CT yesterday afternoon, I was thinking about what fun I could have with my blogging friends. I know we all have a few scraps left from our Fruity Fun blocks (and if you aren't done, don't stress... we can wait!!) so I thought...small..."hmmm....what could we make?" And then it hit me: PIN CUSHIONS!!


I was visualizing all sorts of options as I cruised down (up?) Rt 91 towards home (YES, I was paying attention to the road!)  I totally want to try a strawberry (all those fruits?) but I went with some of the pieces I had left over from the fruity placemats and tried a bit of this and that!  Some I liked, some, well...need a bit more work! 

Top right = my favorite, probably because I like structure...neat and tidy
Bottom = fun/easy-peasy
Top left = NEEDS WORK!  Lol...it's supposed to be a square!  It's all bumpy and lumpy! So we'll be trying that again!

I have some more ideas I am going to play with today, so we'll see how that goes.

Here's my idea: friends who'd like to join in...
  • Let's each make a pin cushion!  If you were a part of the Fruity Fun, use scraps from that and comment below if you want to join in!  If you weren't and you want to join us, comment below and we'll put you in to the mix! 
  • All you need to do is let me know if you want to join us between now and next weekend, by commenting below.  Email me your address (carrie dot whittemore at gmail dot com) and once I have everyone, I'll email YOU an address to send a pin cushion to!
  • NO STRESSING OUT!!  This is our first time with something like this ~ HAVE FUN!
Okay...more later, off to appointment right now!
Enjoy the day, all!
Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment