Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Day #49 - Bluework blocks, Green Rainbows & a contest

Good morning, friends!

Bit of a drippy, drizzly day here in Whitt World.  Sigh...we're going to be turning into mushrooms soon!


For starters yesterday, I trimmed the bluework farm & country blocks to 7" x 8" and went through my blues to find coordinating fabrics.  I ended up being one block short with the layout I wanted, so I MADE up one and digitized it, baby!!  Teeny steps! 

Just need to trim those tiny threads between the letters....
Next, I ticker-taped the three green blocks.  I am not the hugest fan of the color, in-and-of-itself, but I am looking forward to seeing how things come together in the end. 


I also started on a lap quilt, but no info or photos for a wee bit, JUST IN CASE the person for whom it's intended gets wind of it!  Muahaahaaa... later on that one!  Leave it to say that is a series of strips with a sampler on it!

Finally, I jumped on board to help sponsor a fan celebration of a page I follow on Facebook, Cranky Cat Studio.  She's having a 3,000 Fan Giveaway and I am putting up a set of 7 fabric headers!  They FILL a flat rate envelope.

I hope everyone has a lovely day,
Carrie

4 comments:

  1. looks awesome! does it take a special machine to do the embroidery like the "i love to read" block? I can think of tons of stuff to do with that kind of ability!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA I beat you today and commented first!! Hope all is ok with you! hope you get to come to Antrim Saturday! It's supposed to be beautiful that day! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do those on my embroidery machine, a Brother PE770. :o)

    ReplyDelete