Friday, April 26, 2013

Find it for Free Friday: BUGS, BUGS & More BUGS!

Good morning, friends!

Tomorrow I want to share the fabric I found for the boys quilts, but all I can tell you today is BUGS!

That being said, I got on this bug kick and thought I'd hunt up some buggy ideas for you!  Let's have some fun, shall we?

How about making some decorations for straws in the shape of butterflies?  Here's the pattern for these little lovelies.

 Here are some patterns for some adorable buggy bags.  You do have to join Freepatterns.com to download to patterns, but there is no cost.

Are you a stitcher?  Here's a wonderful pattern designed by Erynne of Stitcheree.

How about creating a collection of little buggers?  Take a look at these by Taidey Originals.  She gives you a pattern and great directions!

Want to work in felt?  This mobile would be a perfect project from over at Bugs & Fishes!

Have you ever stopped by the Toymaker.com?  They have all sorts of patterns you can download to make a variety of paper toys.  This bug box is right up the alley of this post.

Do you have some fleece scraps you could have a bit of fun with?  Take a look at the ribbon bugs they created here, over at the Patchwork Posse.

Feeling a bit artsy-craftsy?  Have a few lil ol' clothespins hanging around (Oh... bad joke there...)  Here's an idea I found over at First Palette you might want to try.

I am going to be working on a bug quilt NOT like this one, but maybe this would appeal to you?  I found this idea over at FaveQuilts.


I would like to finish up with a fantastic BUG party idea that I discovered over at The Party Wagon.  She has you covered in ALL directions, from food to games to treats!
Here's the tablescape - love the cupcake covers!
So, are you starting to itch and scratch?  Hahahah!  Tomorrow you'll see what I'm going to be working with... till then, Quilty hugs,
Carrie

5 comments:

  1. OH CARRIE,
    You're just so amazing. I love ALL of these, so much! Say, I'm just not creative at all at planning parties, and my son's graduation party is coming up in a little over a month. Any ideas? Would going "buggy" be too girlish? I love that party idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, so yeah, maybe a little too "kiddish" for my son. Any other ideas, Carrie??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy, I would love to help you brainstorm! Email me at carrie dot whittemore at gmail dot com and we'll talk! I am sure we can come up with ideas - I threw one for my youngest a year ago!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for including my butterfly mobile, Carrie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem at all - it was soooo cute!! I would love to try it! :)

      Delete