Sunday, April 28, 2013

Mother's Day DIY Ideas

Good morning, all!

Mother's Day is right around the corner and rather than wait till the VERY last minute, I thought I'd try to do a bit of quick looking today.  I am trying hard to create much of what we do/give this year for celebratory times, so let's see what I could do for my mum!

How about a card?  Here's one you can download from Designs by Kassie - she has so many wonderful designs and does some fantastic blog work!  You can see things she has done on Pinterest, as well.

While we are thinking written/printed materials here, how about a piece of Mother's Day Subway Art?  Head on over to Living Locurto and download this lovely one created by Amy Locurto.  She has it in a couple sizes and black on white, white on black, too.

I admire all the creative folks who're sharing their printables with us these days.  I love this one I just found by Telisa at I Heart Naptime.  Follow that link and you can download the printable and pop it on a cake, in some flowers or on a present!  So cool!

Thinking of making some cupcakes?  How about these cute little cupcake toppers?  Just download, print them out and stick them into the tops! While you are there, you can peek around Diddles & Dumplings - what a fun site!

Speaking of cupcakes, how about the adorable flowers on these?  Heart and Made has another cupcake topper you can download PLUS they tell you how to make those sweet flowers!!  Seriously easy, by the looks!

Speaking of sweet treats, how about a whole jar full of cookies?  Not just any cookies but cookies telling mom all sorts of sweet words that describe her?  LOVE IT!  I Am Baker tells you how HERE.

 How about whipping up some body scrubs?  They are a great idea for pampering mom... or yourself!  There are plenty of ideas out there.  I found this one at Martha Stewart.  My daughter-in-law made me some with a coffee base for Christmas. 
Does mom do her nails?  (I should...sigh...) Here's a fun little gift idea that uses the sweet little stencils I have to check out!  A Night Owl Blog tells you all about how to do it HERE.

Here's a great idea, in my book, since I am TRYING to grow some veggies and herbs and I have some chalk paint handy: painted planters.

I would like to finish up with this infographic that I found at Walyou.com. To see it more clearly, click on the link in the first sentence.
Alrighty then, folks - we need to get to work!  Off to start creating after my LAST indoor field hockey practice for the season.  GO, GSE!!
Quilty hugs,
Carrie

4 comments:

  1. Wow, what a list of great ideas! I love the idea of whipping up some body scrubs. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deb! I can't wait to try some of these myself. :)

      Delete
  2. Wow what an amazing list, love the images especially the card. Such a delight for any mother to recrive

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, gee.. thanks, Suzie! There are some really great ideas out there, if we have the time to look and then the time to create. We shall see! Thanks for stopping by,
      Carrie

      Delete