Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Food Fun: Deviled Ham Grilled Cheese

Hello, all!

Has anyone had a chance to use up the ham from Easter?   I decided to try one of the recipe ideas that I found for the post-Easter dinner ham at From Away - Cooking and Eating in Maine for deviled ham.  

It was one of those recipes you might over look as "deviled ham" has negative connotations for some.  When I saw ham and relish mixed with other ingredients, my interest was peaked.  I made a few changes, as always, based on what I had on hand and what we like, flavor-wise. 

I also decided to go grilled cheese as it was a pretty cold night and a perfect time for a nice, toasted cheesy sandwich!  It was as yummy as I expected.  Hubby liked it so much, he had two. 


Deviled Ham Grilled Cheese Sandwich

1 1/2 cups chopped ham
1/3 cup mayo (or in our case, Miracle Whip)
2 tbsp pickle relish
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Sauce (to give it some zip)

1 slice of cheese (horseradish for hubby, American for me) per sandwich, unless you like it super cheesy and want MORE!

2 slices of bread for each sandwich
butter/margarine for grilling sandwich

Chop the ham in your food processor.  Add mayo, relish, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and hot sauce.  Pulse till fine and blended.
Butter the bread, lay in skillet or on griddle, add cheese and enough deviled ham to cover the sandwich.  Top with second slice and butter.
Turn when golden brown.

Eat.  Yummy. Probably want more.

Just a wee bit of ham left ... what to do next... We shall see!
Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment