Monday, April 22, 2013

Mining Monday: Fabric Scrap Project Ideas

Good morning, friends!

It's Monday, so time to head out and see what ideas I can find on one theme.  Today we are looking for quick and easy projects (or at least quick OR easy) using scraps of fabric.

The first idea I came across speaks to me immediately: Re-useable Kitchen Towels.  I found a wonderful tutorials HERE from Sew a Straight Line.  Her directions are very clear and easy to follow.  She uses a 2 yard piece of fabric, but I have some pieces of flannel that I think would be perfect for this. 

Do you have some 1/8 yard cuts?  How about THIS messenger bag tutorial from Better Homes and Gardens?

OMG... I absolutely HAVE to make these for my grandsons!  One would fill it with tools and the other would fill it with cars and trains!!  Zip over to Make It Love It for the how to.


I don't usually post ideas that have a price tag, but I just wanted to share this particular one with you because I bought it myself and LOVE it!  This pattern is for hand crafted luggage tags.  I bought this from StudioCherie and was THRILLED with it!  She give fantastic directions and a PDF that is well done.


This row of softball bags includes ALL different luggage tags I made for my daughter's team, since their bags were all identical.  I made them VERY quickly! Family and friends love getting these as gifts, too.  Check Cherie's work out!

Have a little one in your world that might like to work with paper dolls and fabric?  Pop over to Do it Yourself Pins for a sweet idea that I would have loved!

With my food blog plans moving forward at a rapid rate (we are going live NEXT WEEK!!!) cooking related ideas appeal to me.  Here is a hotpad tutorial you might want to take a peek at from Spun Sugar Quilt. 

This idea from Tatertots & Jello for a grocery bag container has been pinned like 200,000 times!  It's such a great idea AND she give a wonderful "how to" on folding the bags so they come out like wet wipes!  Honestly, you've got to see it!

Do you have some really small scraps you just would love to work with?  How about these key chains from Craftiness Is Not Optional?  She has some wonderful ideas that would be great to bring out your creative side!

Does your camera strap have a cover?  A lovely, comfy one?  If not, head on over to the Moda Bake Shop for directions to make this one:

How about a really cook mug rug tutorial?  The colors she used caught my eye, but her easy-to-follow directions sunk the deal!  Heading back into my fabric space to make one of these!  Head over to Molly's Meanderings to see how!

I am excited to give some of these ideas a try.  Which one appeals to you?  Any that you want to fire up the machine and give a whirl?  Do share!

Quilty hugs,
Carrie

15 comments:

  1. Wow, Carrie, I just love all these ideas. Makes me want to chuck my production plans for the day and just hole myself up in my sewing room!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the LEAST I could do for you, Amy, since I am heading in the kitchen to make Lembas bread...

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great projects! Love the messenger bag and tool belt:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Toni - I thought they looked like fun! Once I finish making Amy's bread, I think I'm heading to the sewing room!
      Carrie

      Delete
  4. What a great collection of ideas. There are some very talented and creative folks out there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are, for sure! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. well they all appeal to me i think i will try them all at some point but first has to be the tool belt for my boys lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great, Pixie! I'd love to see a picture when you are done - do share! Thanks so much for stopping by,
      Carrie

      Delete
  6. This is soooo fitting for Earth Day! I love it! The grocery bag is a fabulous idea and would make a great gift! Thank you for your fabulous ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are MORE than welcome! I think the grocery bag one would be the easiest to do... we shall see!
      Thanks so much for visiting - Carrie

      Delete
  7. Love those luggage tag holders!! Great ideas for Earth Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really fun to make, Michelle. I don't purchase too many patterns, tend to try and figure it out on my own, but this was a good choice. They are great if you have a generic suitcase - you can find it easily on the conveyor belt!

      Delete
  8. Thank you so much for including my towels in this feature. Some REALLY cool ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are more than welcome! Great tutorial! :O)

      Delete