Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Day #101 - Gremlins, evil spirts & bad karma INVADE my computers....humblest apologies!

Good afternoon, friends!
I would like to start by apologizing for my delay today ... as you waited with bated breathe for the news on the farmer's market!!

I mentioned earlier that I was trying to finish the slide show for the softball team.  I will leave out the inappropriate language that flowed throughout this project, for starters.  I've done a dozen of these, really, and I'm pretty good at it.  This time, I swear, the moon was in the wrong place, gremlins attacked ALL my computers or my techno-karma has been OFF the charts for about 2 weeks.  I've been trying and trying to get this done and at EVERY corner, there was an obstacle ... a BIG one!  It became a bit above and beyond today when I FINALLY (after 2 weeks) had it within 1 minute of finishing and the program just closed.  On it's own.  Bam!  Okay, that happens, I'll just go in and pick up where I left off, right?  WRONG!  After 2 hours of work, it had all disappeared.  Gone. Vapor.  You've got to be kidding, right?  No.  Gone. 

A few tears and then, okay, I'll do it again!  So I did, but time I literally saved every 30 seconds.  Good thing.  With only 4-5 slides left ... BAM!  Shut down.  Again.  Thanks to the softball gods, it had saved it to that point.  I quickly added the slides, saved and sent it to the DVD.  It's not my best work, but 4 computers (yes, literally 4 that I tried to do this on) later, I had to let it go.  I will apologize for the glitchy music before we start, but I had to let it go or someone might die...

Okay, Bri will have to doctor it up and get the copies made, I am DONE with it for today!  Hopefully, the girls will like it as there are wonderful shots of them in it, which, is what it's all about.

Now, to the burning question: "How did the farmer's market go?"  Can you say: "FABULOUS? GREAT?? A BLAST???"  If you can, then you can sum up how it went!  It was my first time there and the first time anyone was there with fabric, so, to have had 6-7 sales is GRAND in my book!  I made  more than it cost me to be there, so, FANTASTIC would be my response!

Not only did I make a bit of money (which is where I am at right now...) but I made some new friends and actually got to sit, relax and chat with people.  It was truly lovely.  There is a different pace there than what I am accustomed to and it was such a gorgeous day - it was an amazing day, really!  The best part was showing people how the sausage pillowcases work - it's like a magic trick and poor Laurie had to listen to me talk about it all day!

I had quite a few people ask if I could give lessons - wow, that was great! 

Here are some shots of and from my table - can't wait for next week!




Okay, time to get ready for the softball banquet!
Quilty hugs,
Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment