Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Day #94 - Yikes, you READ this???

Good morning, all!

I would like to begin by thanking friends who actually READ this blog!  At first I was using it to force myself to do what I started out to do: create everyday.  I figured if I put it here I would feel I HAD to do what I set out to as it was "public knowledge" I was trying and someone, off in a corner of the world might hold me to it!

It has spun into more than that and become both more fun and a bit bigger than originally planned, which is all good.  I say this because several times in the past week people have mentioned to me that they were reading my blog that morning!  HOLY COW!!  That is soooooo cool!  Also, a bit scary!  I know, that sounds a bit silly as I am posting it on the Internet, but when you are writing each day, it's in isolation, for practical purposes.  It's a like a diary or journal, on line.  Everyone once and awhile, someone might comment, but beyond that, I really  have NO idea if anyone read any of it.

When I was chatting with my friend Laurie yesterday (and if you are reading this this morning, Laurie, THANKS for telling me!) while buying some of her delicious bread from the farmer's market at the hospital (BTW, if you are in or around Peterborough, you should TOTALLY stop by on Monday's 12-6!) she mentioned she'd been reading my blog today.  I got all "oh gosh, really?" on her and we started chatting about fabric for her daughter's quilt.

She wasn't the first person to mention it to me, as I said, and it got me to thinking: "Oh goodness...I hope I have things people learn from and enjoy!"  So, I do - I hope you enjoy a bit of this or that and continue along this journey with me!  Hugs!!!
Laurie's Houghton Farm cinnamon bread... TO DIE FOR!

So, as to my creative venture... I was sharing that I was working on DD's softball team's slide show.  I spent hours working on sorting hundreds and hundreds of photos into "folders" that I could just input directly into my program to pull it all together.  I THOUGHT I could...

About 2 weeks ago we were having computer problems.  Ends up it was the video card.  A friend gave us another and it seemed to work fine.  What I found out yesterday is that it isn't up to snuff for Window's Movie Maker!!  OMG!!!  I immediately texted hubby in a panic!  I need to put this together in the next day or so to get it to another friend who's going to make the copies for the girls!!!!  Breathe....breathe....

It would appear that an equivalent program is on my son's computer, so that's where I'll be heading in a few minutes with a flash drive full of pix and a CD of music...I hope...
I would like to finish with a shout out to Tracie's Farm in Fitzwilliam, NH.  She has a CSA, which is sold out  for the season, but there IS a farm stand with wonderful fresh goodies available.  If you live in the area, you should stop by!  I was amazed by the beauty of the fields ~ I will take some pictures next week!  I can share with you what was in MY basket, though.

 
2 kinds of lettuce, spinach, radishes, basil, bread and jam!

Let's but it all together for breakfast, shall we:


Directions:
Stir fry onions in olive oil with salt and pepper.  Once translucent, toss in a handful of fresh spinach leaves.  Cook till done.  Remove.  Pour a beaten egg in the same skillet, cooking one side, flip and cook other for just a bit.  Spread spinach & onion on one half, sprinkle shredded cheese over that and flip the other half of the omelet over it.  Head just enough for cheese to melt.  Remove and EAT!!  Fresh spinach .... yah baby, makes it perfect!!

Well, I just have to say that by the time I finished this, the above toast and omelet?  GONE!!  Enjoy your day, all!

Quilty hugs,
Carrie

1 comment: