Thursday, June 2, 2011

Day #83 - Bright Sunshiny Day...

Good morning, all!

As is often the case, today is a bright and sunshiny day after an afternoon and evening of absolutely crazy (and in some case lethal) weather here in New England.  Our thoughts and prayers go out to the folks in Mass who were hit by the freak tornadoes yesterday!  WE DON'T HAVE THEM HERE!  We've always thought we were too hilly in New England, but conditions were such that they could spawn and they did.

Here in Bennington, we had some pretty nasty thunderstorms and some "brown outs" as they moved away (a tree on a line or surges in the system?) which scared us as far as our water pump went, but things came out all right.  MANY people we know (including ourselves) were glued to the computer watching either WMUR (the major television station in the state) or the Weather Channel most of the afternoon, trying to see what was going to happen.  It was crazy how it kept changing!

Good decisions were made by the school (sorry, girls from St Thomas, we'll see you back today!) in cancelling the tournament game (sorry parents from St Thomas that you'll have to drive BACK again this afternoon) but it was all for the good and for safety. 

In honor of the sunshine, I will offer up a picture of some sunny fabric I was playing with last night!  There are 3 yellow/orange blocks in my Bottled Rainbow quilt project and I NEEDED something sunny to work on!  My time was limited as there was lighting problems with the thunderstorms, but I was able to squeeze in a few minutes to select the fabrics for the 3 blocks.  I can't wait to play with these! 


I am off to continue my work on the Fabric-A-Thon goodies - hope you can come by either literally or virtually!!  Erin has me thinking about how to offer what is NOT in my store....hmmmm......

Have a wonderful, fun and safe day, friends!
Quilty hugs,
Carrie
PS> Good luck, AGAIN, to the CV Softball Team, and I'll add the boy's baseball team in, as well!

1 comment:

  1. Glad I have you thinking outside the box! I am in a crafting frenzy lately, so I am very excited! :)

    ReplyDelete