Well, the first day of my "steppin' outside the box", believing in what I do and who I am and busting through the fears starts today! Yup...I am taking Whitt's Kits "on the road" and heading over to my first farmer's market opportunity!
The whole thing is a weird sequence of events that you can look at and go, "oh, that's how I got here..."
- I host Fabric-A-Thon that lots of friends can't make it to and tell me that they wished they had;
- I start thinking that I should try it again;
- Hubby loses job;
- I go into "OMG" mode and then "OK... right... let's see what I can do" mode (much better mode, just sayin');
- Go w/Mom to Wellness Center on my way to pick up CSA veggies and while I wait, wander through Fresh Chicks Farmer's Market;
- See my friend, Laurie, with yummy bread, and we talk about fabric (I buy bread);
- My boss/BFF says: "HEY... see about YOU going there!)
- Yup, I am!
After I finished this, last night was all about deciding what I wanted to bring ~ can't haul EVERYTHING that was at the Fabric-a-Thon as I only have 2 tables! Being selective - also, I want to have some new/different things each week so that people will want to come back! :o) So I have a tub of 8" - 15" x 44 for $1 each, a couple baskets of Fat Quarters, the LAST bag in stock of scraps for $10, a tub of headers, a basket of handcrafted goodies, some patterns, pillowcase kits (with a model to show how to make the "sausage style") and yummy maple syrup!
I need to make my pricing signs, a few tags, go get $1 bills and I should be ready! Got to remember water & my umbrella too, as I didn't get to buy a tent/canopy yet.
One last note, as hubby was heading out he stopped to peek at what I was doing this morning and asked "what was this blogging thing all about, anyway?" So, I introduced you all to him! :o) "World, this is Bri. Bri, this is my blogging family!" He says "Hi!" (He's a nice guy, you'll like him! He'll be around a bit more, as things work themselves out, and he may jump in to my creative world from time to time, so I thought I'd better introduce you!)
|He's the one on the left. The cutie on the right, that's Mick!|