Good morning, friends!
I had a wonderful opportunity yesterday to make a new friend and trade fabric! Yup - 28 yards left my house and 28 yards came back! Muahahahaha!
Here's what I came home with:
..a beautiful selection of lots of blues and purples! I am in heaven! Thanks, Julie! :o)
Now, the $25,000 question is, WHAT do I do with these? Part of me just wants to caress them - I am SURE you've had fabric like that, or the equivalent!
But NO! I will USE these beauties... but to what end? I thought I might do a bit of searching (yes, I will refer to my Pinterest fabric/textile board...) and took some time last night to do a bit peeking around for ideas.
Listed are the top 5 on my list to try first. THEN... I NEED YOUR IDEAS! Post your idea/ideas using the Linky Tool at the bottom of the post and one follower gets their choice of 1 yard of this gorgeous fabric!!! OMG!! YES!!!
Here are some ideas to get you thinking:
1. Fabric Bowl - you can Google "How to Make a Fabric Bowl" or stop by this site to see how. Are you even more visual? How about a YouTube Video from Crafty Gemini? She does a GREAT job!
2. Ruffled Apron - stop on by Northern Cottage for a peek at a super cute ruffled apron!
3. Draw String Bag - here is a wonderful tutorial (VERY well written by Jen, at In Color Order) for a sweet lined draw string bag. I can totally see several of the Japanese prints made up in to this! Don't you just want to give it a whirl?
4. A new lamp shade - JUST what I need for my computer area and the one in the bedroom! I went out and about looking for lampshade ideas and the one I liked the most was at Designsponge. Check it out!
5. Foam Window Seat Bench Cover - we have this perfect little spot that is currently a toy depository that would be just right to make a squishy seat cover for! I LOVE IT!! At Urbane Jane they took a coffee table and made a covered bench from it - I have the seat, just need the comfy part! I think I could modify their idea...
How about YOU? What would you do with one of the 28 yards of fabric I got today? Find a fun idea and list it below by clicking on the CLICK HERE TO ENTER button. Add your photo and viola - YOU ARE ENTERED!!! How fun is that?
Hope you join us!
POST YOUR IDEAS HERE: