Monday, April 16, 2012

Monday Mining: Flower Power!

I am working on flower ideas for the Children in the Art's Day coming up.  I will be out front of the Historical Society sharing information on the Victorian "Art of Flowers" and in doing so, I've been "mining" for flower ideas. 

I thought I'd do today's post on DIY flowers!  Let's see what blooms, shall we?  :o)

How about a tissue paper flower made using a golf ball?  Really!!  Pop over to LollyChops and see how!

We know I have to do some with fabric, here's some shabby chic ones with a wonderful tutorial by SnowyBliss!  


Let's try another medium, paper and a real branch!  We have plenty of those around here!!  This is a Martha Stewart idea and I love it!


Here's another Martha Stewart idea, this time using crepe paper.  There are quite a few different ones shown in the wedding section.  This one looks GREAT!  Go check them out!


How about paper and buttons?  Here's a garden I found over at Cosmo Cricket!


Felt!  How soft and sweet!  I found this idea at How Joyful.  She did a video to teach us how to make these lovelies!!  Don't you just want to zip over and check it right out?  Oh... did I mention she's on Pinterest, as well?


Well, I'd better stop there or I won't get ANYTHING else done here!  Lol!  Hope you have fun checking these out!  Let me know if you give any a try.  I'll add a Linky Tool below were we can post more because I think I'll be back later to add to this!  Muahahahaha!

Quilty hugs,
Carrie



No comments:

Post a Comment