Saturday, April 14, 2012

Japanese Print Wallhanging - Project #1 from fabric exchange!

Good morning, fabric friends!

I started with the smallest piece of fabric I exchanged the other day and made a wall hanging!


You'll need:
  • Pretty fabric 
  • Foam Core
  • Spray Adhesive
  • 2 brads
  • Tape
  • Iron
  1. Press the fabric to get it nice and smooth.
  2. Cut the foam core 1/2- 3/4" smaller ON ALL SIDES so you can wrap the fabric around it.  I THOUGHT I had trimmed it enough, if seemed like I had, but lesson here: I didn't!  
  3. Decide where to place the brads for the best hanging for you.  I didn't want the thread I was using to show, so I put them 2" down and 1" in.



     4.  Poke the brads in through the back, so the rounded part shows there.  Cover the picky part of the brad with tape.  This will be UNDER the fabric.

 
 5. Using your spray adhesive, put some around the edges on the INSIDE - what will be UNDER the fabric.  Place the fabric on it and smooth it out.  Wrap the edges over and add a bit more spray adhesive to the back sides to hold the fabric down.


6.  Tie your wire/thread around one brad, measure out how much you need, cut it and then tie it off on the other brad.

7.  Hang it up!!



This project was quick, easy and impressed the fam!  Let's see what I try next!

Don't forget to stop by the post to try and win a piece of this gorgeous stuff!  I am particular to the purples and blues... just sayin'!

Till tomorrow, happy crafting today!
Carrie

PS. BTW.... that green around the wall hanging?   That's my bedroom!!  If you follow my Pinterest boards you'll know I like a different green - got a gallon and can't WAIT to change it up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment