Thursday, June 30, 2011

Day #110 - Birthday Bash with Delish' Donuts! A yummy recipe for today!

Good morning, all!

Happy birthday shout outs for my family: my brother, my sister and my oldest grandson's birthday are all in the same week!  Luv yah all! 

We celebrated all 3 last night with a birthday bash: lots of desserts (rather like a dessert bar!), presents and laughter!  I took yesterday's posting's coffee embroidery and made a mug rug for my sister - sorry but in my rush I forgot to take a final picture!  Suffice to say I lined it with a towel, backed it with a chocolate brown and quilted it with a black thread so the designs popped out!  (All done AFTER I got home from work, thank you very much!)

For my grandson, it was his first Tonka!  He and his brother were driving it around the porch, with his new Buzz Lightyear  driving, thanks to his great-grandmother!
And, for my brother, it was yummy time! Donuts! It's a once a year thing I like to do for him as he enjoys them and as good as they are, they are NOT considered health food by the stretch of anyone's imagination! Thanks go out to my DD, Kel, who mixed the dough so that when I got home all I had to do was cook them! 

Would you like the recipe?  If so, read on!

Donuts

2 eggs
1 cup sugar
1 cup milk
5 tbsp oil
4 cups flour
4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
oil or shortening for frying

Pre-heat your oil/shortening to 370 degrees.
1. Beat the eggs.
2. Add the sugar, beating constantly.
3. Stir in milk and the 4 tbsp oil.
4.  Sift before measuring flour.
5.  Resift with remaining ingredients.
6. Mix moist and dry ingredients.
7. Roll out dough on floured surface and cut donuts.
8. Add a few at a time to hot oil.
9.  Turn when golden brown.
10. Remove when both sides are done.
11. Let cool a wee bit and EAT THEM!! 

Enjoy the day,
Quilty hugs,
Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment