I thought I would do a series of posts this week sharing what you could do with each of the items I am offering up as we get closer and closer to 1,000 fans on Facebook! You know, build the excitement? Have a bit of fun?
That being said, let's get started! The first item I'd like to talk about is a scan of a vintage birthday postcard.
This came from a collection of my grandmother's. It says:
"A happy birthday.
Fortune from her stores joys upon you pour
and may each new Birthday
Bring you more and more."
Personally, I love the calligraphy used for the "B's" and other first letters. The flowers and picture are rather sweet. What to do with it? Hmmmmm..... let's see!
- For starters, how about using it as it was meant, a birthday card? Print it out on cardstock and use it for someone special!
- I can also see it printing out and being used on a scrapbook page. Combine it with some photographs, perhaps in sepia tones, some floral decorations and viola!
- On the same vein, how about either printing it on velum or putting a piece of velum over the printed card? Give it that frosted look?
- How about printing it on white or off-white paper and using ModPodge on a box cover, either of wood or cardboard? Add in some scraps of purple and green? How about a bit of ribbon?
- Just recently I picked up one of those mugs at Micheal's that pops open and you can put a piece of paper inside with children's art work? How about putting one of these, make it a birthday mug?
- You could print it on fabric paper (for use with ink jets) and incorporate it into a number of different projects: pillow cover, quilt block, tote bag and combine with a bit of quilting!!
- What other ideas do you have? Do tell so we can all give it a whirl!
Don't forget, let your friends on Facebook know about what we are doing and suggest us to them! The sooner we hit 1,000, the sooner I will do the drawings for ALL these goodies!
Do YOU have any ideas? Add them as comments to this post!!
I hope everyone had a GREAT day! I am late today due to storms and a college visit! Gotta love going into the senior year!
Quilty hugs everyone and looking forward to coming up with new ideas for tomorrows posting!