Monday, May 2, 2011

Day #55 - Still stitchin' so... some sites I like!

Good morning, all!

Happy Monday!  I was handstitching the quilt binding (does take time...) so I thought I'd share some of my favorites sites for your perusal this morning.

If you are a Facebook fan, you should stop by StitchTalk! It is Facebook for stitchers!  They are very pleasant folks with albums of beautiful work you can view and ask questions about, connections to blogs, forums and groups about all sorts of stitching topics - it's loads of fun!

Looking for handcrafted gifts or ideas?  Etsy is the place to stop!  I have a shop there with some of my items called Whitt's Kits Fabrics.  It's one of the best places to get ideas for things to try and to appreciate the artistic talent of others around the world!  If you decide to go "handmade" for Christmas and want to purchase truly wonderful handcrafted gifts, I highly recommend checking it out.  The "treasury" feature is a great way to search by themes.  My latest one is Tutorial Time and I filled it with cool tutorials from the site.


Do you machine embroider?  Have you visited Embroidery Library?  They have some of the highest quality designs I've found at the most reasonable prices!  There are new free designs each month and continuous sales!  My hint to you: go through the site and put ANY you like on your Wish List - they have GREAT sales and you can pop them directly from the Wish List to your basket as you want them!  Recently they had a special of $5 off $10 up to $25 off $50 and if you did 3 you got 5 designs of your choice free!  Yup... did that one!  They have some beautiful lily of the valleys right now.

Need some inspiration?  Stop by Craftgawker!  Name an art or craft and you'll find beautiful work to inspire you there!  No matter what your medium, you can't help by get ideas!!

Need a bit of internal inspiration?  Visit The Quotations page of daily motivation! One of todays was:

Choose your pleasures for yourself, and do not let them be imposed upon you. - Lord Chesterfield



Sounds like GREAT advice to me!

Time for a bit of breakfast and seeing about finishing up the stitching on that quilt!  Toodles, all!
Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment