Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Day #68 - Playing with fabric to share

Good morning, friends!

I hope that SOMEONE is seeing some sunshine 'cause we sure aren't seeing any here!  It's another day of rain in the Granite State, meaning another softball game pushed ahead...somehow!  It also means a pretty nippy/soggy morning out in the 1800's Schoolhouse this morning for me!  Brrrrr!

Yesterday I spent a chunk of my day running errands and such (oh...YOU don't count an hour in Barnes & Noble an errand????) and then the rest of it playing with fabric to share on eBay!

My process is to trim pieces (sometimes iron), measure them, tag them with the yardage, photograph them and then list them on eBay or Etsy.  I get to "play" with all sorts of fabrics in all kinds of colors and prints ~ it's way too much fun!  Then, I get to share them with others.  It is always fun to me to see what other people purchase ~ what color combinations they put together and such.  Sometimes I think, "Why didn't I think of that?"  It's great!

Here are some of what I just listed, that I particularly liked:

This one is a paisley border print from the Civil War Ladies line by RJR.  I'm a sucker for borders!


Quilt labels, to identify who made the piece of artwork are by far my most popular item! They are usually 2/3 of a yard and vary in number of labels, depending on size.

Here is one from Robyn Pandolph that I particularly like! 

The only real bummer is that all these pretties have to LEAVE my home, lol! Ahhh....but I enjoy them while they are here and, as you've seen over the past 68 days, many become part of the fabric of my life! 

Have a wonderful day and TRY to stay dry!
Quilty hugs,
Carrie


No comments:

Post a Comment