Monday, May 9, 2011

Day #61 - Cookbook & Ideas

Good morning, all!

Hope all the moms had a wonderful Mother's Day!  Mine was spread out over the weekend and enjoyed tremendously!

I thought I would share the latest cookbook I found at the library, Hungry Girls, 300 Under 300, by Lisa Lillien.  I've only just started the perusing the recipes, but right off the bat, egg mugs sound GREAT!  Basically, you make scrambled eggs in a mug in the microwave using liquid egg substitute and LOTS of yummy additions!  I'll be trying some of those soon!

Follow the Amazon link about to see what they have to say!
The next section has lots of absolutely delish sounding oatmeal recipes.  How can you NOT try Major Mocha Cappuccino Oatmeal or Pumpkin Pie Oatmeat Parfait?  I will let you know what I think after I have a chance to try a few.  Maybe YOU have tried it?  Let me know what's the yummiest!

I will be having my sweet boys today and tomorrow (with help from the new college graduate!  Hopefully between the two of us we can entertain and take care of two little boys under 2!!) so I am thinking about fun activities to do with toddlers!

I have some clothchalk banner blocks that didn't get made into a banner.  They are a good size for an almost 2 little boy to tote around, chalkcloth in one hand and chalk in the other!  He's a big fan of crayons and markers, so I'll get those things ready.  He loves to go outside, so there'll be some walking which creates a PERFECT time for Memere to get some photography in!  It's also Monday, so a trip to the library story hour sounds like a wonderful way to spend a bit of time.

I did a quick Google for ideas and found a new website: Toddlertoddler.com!  Lots of ideas using everyday objects - sounds good to me!  I think we may try this Easy Art project using a paper plate!  The sites plate is above...we'll see how ours come out!

Have a GREAT day, everyone!
Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment