I was able to finish stitching the special quilt (photos NEXT week!) while waiting for the softball game to start last night. Congrats to the CV Girls Softball Team: 6-2 over Conant! Let's hope the weather doesn't bump anymore games around...
I created a rag quilt for another special person in our world yesterday - rag quilts are so fun!
I went with a color choice (orange) and cut out 25 - 8" block of various fabrics. Next, it was 25 blocks of flannel and 25 blocks of several greens.
1. I laid them out to find a sequence I liked, separating the ones I used several times.
|Here are the greens I used and the flannel "batting".|
4. Sewed "X's" on each one, by row, keeping the sequence together. I used Eleanor Burns method - continuous stitching, all one way, then snipping and repeated going the opposite way to make the "X".
7. Sewed around the outside of the entire quilt, at 1/2".
8. Snipped...and snipped... and snipped about 3/8" of the way in to each and every seam, 1/4" to 3/8" wide. (*NOTE: Scissors make ALL the difference in the world! I've done this with just regular fabric scissors, NOT great for the hand! USE ones with a spring!!!)
10. Cleaned out my filters...
It went together rather quickly, so I may find myself having to do another today!!! Gotta love May and June birthdays and celebrations in our family!!
Have a wonderful day, all!