Saturday, April 19, 2014

Netflix for Crafters: Have you seen Creativebug?

I will be the first to admit I can get lost on Youtube.  Some of the videos are awesome and inspire me to do new and different things, like the ones I've seen by Missouri Star Quilt Company.  I have tried LOTS of new things, thanks to Jenny - and more to come, for sure.

I've also found some that leave me thinking, "Wow... did no one suggest any edits to you?"  Which in turn, makes me leery to try that myself. :)


I ran across another option last night.  To be fair, I've only watched a couple, and they were free, but I LOVE it so far!  It's called Creativebug.  Pretty sure it came across my FaceBook feed (that's how advertising works with FB: you pay to have your add pop up for people who fit your demographic) and I wandered over.

There are both videos for free and those with a price tag attached.  The ones which cost start out at $9.95 each.  They also have a monthly subscription for $9.95 which intrigues me.  You have total access to all their videos.  Kind of like Netflix for crafters! 

I started with a short video on a trick to make a 1/4"seam (super necessary for those of us who quilt) and then watched a longer piece on how to make ombre napkins.  I am TOTALLY going to try that one!!  Here's a link to their FREE content. I will definitely be exploring that section MUCH more thoroughly.

I like the variety on the site.  There's plenty of sewing related offerings (as well as quilting specifically), but also jewelry making and crafts for kids.  The ombre napkins came up in the wedding section (one that interests me greatly at this time).

Have you tried Creativebug yourself?  If so, what do you think?  Is it a good value for the money?

I'll let you know how it goes.
Have a creative day!
Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment