Thursday, April 3, 2014

Challenge Me! Particpating in Million Pillowcase Challenge!

   

Have you heard of the Million Pillowcase Challenge?  It's through All People Quilt and a wonderful way to make a difference with a small action.

You make a pillowcase (or two... or three... or ten...) and donate them locally through quilt shops in your area OR directly to a charity of your choice.

I have several reasons I'm participating as a pillowcase-creator/maker:

  1. It's something I can easily do, both financially and time-wise.  I have fabric, lots of it, and I've made enough that I can whip them up pretty quickly.
  2. You have a chance to create something beautiful to share.
  3. When my daughter was 14, she had her spine fused at C.H.A.D. here in NH.  One of the things we all remember was the lovely lap quilt she was given by someone else.  It touched us deeply at the time. (FYI: She is now 25 and a personal trainer.  She played sports all through high school and college - you'd never know she has 18" titanium rods, unless you are airport security!)
All that being said, sometimes it's good to have a bit of a push, a kick in the "buttinski" to do what you want/need/desire to do.

I need YOUR help to motivate me!  It's kind of a win-win-win.

Here's how it works - it's really straight forward:
For the month of April, for EVERY pillowcase kit I sell, I will make and donate a pillowcase to the Million Pillowcase Challenge!


So...
  • when you buy a kit, you learn how to make these wicked cool "sausage" (French Seam) pillowcases and make someone happy with a gorgeous gift - WIN #1;
  • once you've learned how to make it,  you can use your own stash to make one for the Million Pillowcase Challenge (or another gift) - WIN #2;
  • Soooo... I make one for each purchased and they go to a good home - WIN #3!
You can find what kits I currently have available HERE in my Etsy shop and HERE in my Ebay Store.  I will add more during the month.  Have a color you are looking for?  Drop me a note and I'll see what I can come up with! 

Okay... so LET'S GET SEWING!!
Quilty hugs,
Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment