Saturday, March 24, 2012

Ice Cream Sundae Kit

This one took a couple of days to work out, but here it is, a gift for someone special in our world: an ice cream sundae kit!





I combined several Pinterest ideas that I had come across: 
1.  Creating and using chalkboard paint;
2.  and a gift idea of ice cream sundaes.

I started by re-purposing a holiday bucket.  I don't know if I needed to sand it, but I did!


Then, I mixed up some paint and non-sanded grout (see link to chalkboard paint above) in a plastic container, outside as it makes a bit of dust.


Time to paint!

I think I might have made it a bit thick, but here's the result:


I let it dry while I headed off to work for the day.  Upon my return to the homestead, I got some pink chalk (I was thinking light, fun colors here) and wrote on the bucket "Just Add Ice Cream".  It will wipe off, so the bucket will be re-useable by the sweetie I am giving it to!

While I was out and about today,  I made a trip to the grocery store and picked up two different types of cones, a jar of hot fudge sauce and some candy - what are sundaes without goodies?  I added some tissue and tinsel and tucked it all in the bucket.  I am working on a card this afternoon to tuck some $$ in for the ice cream and viola!  The gift is done!



YUMMY!!  I will let you know how it's received tomorrow!

Happy crafting and see yah later!
Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment