I thought it might be fun, informative and a good way to garner more ideas by sharing thoughts with you all and asking for yours in return! To that end, I thought we'd do a bit of a Holiday Challenge! The coach/athlete in me enjoys such things...
Every day (God willing and the creek don't rise, or snow fall, or power go off!) I will share thoughts and ideas for holiday fun! Some days will just be things for you to consider, other days I'll be looking for your input - "linky party-like" or just good recipes, fun ideas, great gifts... you get the drift! I would also like to offer a prize a week. Remember BEFORE field hockey? I had that idea? Fell flat on my face - couldn't get out of my own way to make it happen...so, as the saying goes: it's not how many times you fall, it's getting up just one more! So I have lots of goodies in need of a new home.. how about YOURS?
Let's start this ball rolling by brainstorming ideas for what we can look into from now till ... well... we are done! I would like to consider the following:
- Christmas cards ... hand-made... how about ones using photos, scrapbooking, or fabric?
- Food (wait, should that have been first?) This is a good one as it would touch on several food related events over the next 2 months... recipes for meals, recipes for goodie giveaways for gifts, candy...yum!!
- Decorations - again a good one over the 2 months as we've got LOTS to work with! Nature-based will be a definite as, well, I live in the woods!! That is assuming the snow melts a bit and I can GET AT the woods! I was thinking wreaths, ornaments, lighting, table-scapes (as that woman on tv calls them...), and anything else we can come up with!
- Giving - the idea of the season? Where can we put our time and the money we do have?
- Gifts ... ah... a homemade Christmas? We shall see!