Thursday, March 21, 2013

Ipad App Review: Repix - Photo Fun!

Good morning, friends  -

I thought it might be fun to share our opinions on some of the apps ("Yes, there's an app for that...") we use here in Whitt World.  I'd like to start with a fun one I just discovered: Repix.
repix.it


I found it while checking out the App Store and gave the free version a try.  You start with a photo they have of what looks like a cherry tree branch.  There are a series of "magical reprix brushes" that you "rub" over the photo that give a variety of effects.  Don't like it? Hit the undo button and try again!

I found there was plenty I could do with the free options, but I was having so much fun that I sprang for the $4.99 upgrade to get all the brushes and it was totally worth it! 

Here is the original photo (that came with the app):


Here's my first "finished" picture:
You can see where the basic form came from, but I played with all sorts of brushes and ended up with a piece that I thought might look nice matted and framed!  How cool is that??

Here's one I did with a shot of my grandson:
Original

Repix Version

On this one, I took the saturation to -100 (removed color) and then used the Charcoal brush and the Edger once I had what I liked.  Looks like I drew it!

I see some GREAT Christmas gifts in the form of images in the works for the family this year.  I will have a follow-up posting on how I do that, for sure!

If you give Repix a try, let me know what you think!

Get creative today - Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment