Monday, February 11, 2013

Mining Mondays: New Stove = What to make???

Good morning, all!
Some of you may have heard, our oven has been a wee bit finicky for the past 3 months or so. Actually, "finicky" is a nice way of saying down right ornery!!  "Light it and hope" has been my mantra since somewhere around Thanksgiving!  I have been pinning and trying crockpot meals for a while (you may notice that if you are following me on Pinterest....), but thanks to the good people at Sears and the fact buying appliances in January is a good thing, a new gas stove is heading to the Whitt household this Friday!  SO excited!  Granted, it may take a bit to have hubby install it (his wrestling state meet is this weekend...) knowing we have it on the way is very exciting!

That being said, I thought for "Mining Monday" I would see what recipes catch my eye for breaking in a new oven!!  Something sweet , something healthy (yup, gotta do it) and something for dinner (okay...definitely a couple there!)  To access the recipes, just click on the links with each one.

So let's start looking!

For some reason, I have a hankering for honey roasted carrots!  These could certainly be done in a pot, on the stove, but there is something about the little bit of crispiness you get when baking them in the oven.  Click here for a recipe from one of my favorite places to turn to, Allrecipe.com.  All you need are carrots, olive oil, honey and a bit of pepper. 


Something we have definitely missed are potato skins!  While out mining the morning, I found a GREAT recipe I can't wait to try at Whatsgabycooking.com!!  Nacho Loaded Potato Skins!  OMG.. what's not to love about these!  Chipotle guacamole?  Oh yah, Whitt will love these!  (Might leave out the refried beans...)


Here's one I'm dying to try: Buffalo Chicken Garbage Bread.  The name ALONE makes you want to check it out, right?  Emily has a great recipe on her blog that I can't wait to try!!  All you need is some chicken, bread dough, hot sauce and cheese!  YUMMY!!  Stop by her website for the directions.


My next thought is pizza... any pizza would do... but you will NEVER believe the one I found!!  Many of you know we are sugaring "folks" - and it's just about time to start tapping!  That being said, I just came across a recipe I HAVE to try, for breakfast, mind you.  Maple Bacon Pizza!  "NO WAY, you say?!?!"  YES, I say!  Zip over to the the Utah Local News website for the recipe!  How can a pizza with both bacon AND maple syrup not be to die for, eh?  The pictures say they came from Concord, NH - if you have more info, let me know and I'll add it!!


Now, about the sweets...  how about Apple Cinnamon Chai Bread Pudding?  Perhaps it's the beautiful dish she cooked it in, not sure, but this looks incredibly yummy! Hope over to Ann's website, Sumptuous Spoonfuls for wonderful recipes, especially how to make THIS!!  This is HER picture - I highly doubt mine will look as good - for starters, I don't have that lovely dish, or an oven yet to try it... but I will and when I do...  :o)


Okay... have I made you hungry?  Thank goodness I had breakfast first!  To check out any of the recipes, just click on the link and visit the websites of the talented folks listed.  I can't WAIT for my oven to try these myself!  I will let you know how it goes... maybe even next week?  We shall see!

Quilty hugs,
Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment