Today it's time to toss around ideas for what to do with some header fabric. Headers, for those of you who've been wondering this, are manufacturer's samplers. A line of fabric in it's "colorway" is attached to a cardboard "header" in such a way that the fabrics cascade down so you can see them all. Buyers use the header to select fabric their business will carry and we can use it to look at what fabrics are in a line and how they go together.
|A sample of header fabric that will go to a wonderful fabric loving fan!|
So, what could one possibly DO with such a selection? Ah.... so many things!
- Let's start with making a patchwork quilt - perhaps a "crazy quilt"? Here is a site with how to create one!
- How about a patchwork Christmas stocking?
- Perhaps some pin cushions?
- Possibly a patchwork purse? Some of the pieces are actually big enough to create a small bag in one whole piece! You could use the coordinates for pockets or sew some together for the strap.
- These would be GREAT for making fabric bags for snacks and sandwiches - thinking GREEN!
- You could make items like a cell phone or glasses cases.
- Perhaps you need some small drawstring bags?
- You could cover picture frames
- or use the fabrics in scrapbooking.
- How about getting REALLY small and making fabric covered buttons?
Have a GREAT day, friends and happy creating!